7 Spirits of GOD

Isaiah 11:2 reads, And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;
1 — the Spirit of the Lord;
2 — the Spirit of wisdom;
3 — the Spirit of understanding;
4 — the Spirit of counsel;
5 — the Spirit of might;
6 — the Spirit of knowledge;
7 — and the Spirit of the fear of the LORD.
Let’s touch upon these things.

One of those things Moses was instructed to make was a lampstand with seven lamps (Exodus 25:31-37; 37:17-23). This lampstand represented the Holy Spirit . In the tabernacle, there was one lampstand, and this one lampstand had seven lamps (Exodus 25:37; 37:23). This was a copy, a shadow, of the one Holy Spirit (lampstand), who has seven Spirits (seven lamps). Moses made the divinely instructed man-made copy (shadow). John saw the heavenly reality.

And from the throne proceeded lightnings, thunderings, and voices. Seven lamps of fire were burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God. (Revelation 4:5)
John saw the “everlasting burnings” (i.e. God, Isaiah 33:14), seven lamps of fire, and tells us they are the seven Spirits of God.
Zechariah also writes of the lampstand, seven lamps, and seven Spirits of God.

And he said to me, “What do you see?” So I said, “I am looking, and there is a lampstand of solid gold with a bowl on top of it, and on the stand seven lamps with seven pipes to the seven lamps. Two olive trees are by it, one at the right of the bowl and the other at its left.” So I answered and spoke to the angel who talked with me, saying, “What are these, my lord?” Then the angel who talked with me answered and said to me, “Do you not know what these are?” And I said, “No, my lord.” So he answered and said to me: “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the Lord of hosts.” (Zechariah 4:2-6)

Later in the chapter, in verses 11-14 the two olive trees are described as representing “the two anointed ones, who stand beside the Lord of the whole earth” (see Revelation 11:4). So verses 11-14 explain who the two olive trees are. Verse 10 describes the lampstand with the seven lamps:
For these seven rejoice to see the plumb line in the hand of Zerubbabel. They are the eyes of the Lord, which scan to and fro throughout the whole earth. (Zechariah 4:10)

“These seven” in the context are the seven lamps of the lampstand of verse 2, and they are here described as the “eyes of the Lord” (i.e. part of God). Jesus Christ, who is God, is seen in Revelation as having these same eyes:
And I looked, and behold, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent out into all the earth. (Revelation 5:6; see also Zechariah 3:9; Revelation 3:1)

The seven “sent out into all the earth” (Revelation 5:6) and the seven “which scan to and fro throughout the whole earth” (Zechariah 4:10) are the same seven eyes of the Lord which are the seven Spirits of God. Thus, when Zechariah is compared with Revelation, it is evident that the lampstand with the seven lamps represent the Holy Spirit with the seven Spirits of God.
Moreover, if someone were to argue that the Seven Spirits of God were seven “qualities,” as opposed to seven literal spirits, that is, seven spiritual beings, then does Zechariah 4:10 removes that argument? Because, in Zechariah 4:10 “these seven rejoice.” They “rejoice to see.” In other words, they respond to what is happening. These seven also “scan to and fro throughout the whole earth.” These are all things that spiritual beings are capable of doing and qualities are not. Qualities cannot rejoice. Qualities cannot see. Qualities cannot respond to things. Qualities cannot “scan to and fro.” The Seven Spirits of God are Seven literal Spirits (i.e. seven spiritual beings). They may not be seven qualities, but they could be part of the Spirit told to rule in this way.

Zechariah also reveals that the lampstand with the seven lamps, that is, the Holy Spirit with the seven Spirits, is the Lord Himself. Zechariah 4:14 declares the two anointed ones “stand beside the Lord of the whole earth.” In the context, what are they standing beside? They are standing by the lamp with the seven lamps (Zechariah 4:2-3). In other words, the lamp with the seven lamps is the Lord. Therefore, the Holy Spirit with the seven Spirits is God.
As with many things in the Bible we are given many meanings for one verse. This is what I think this is too. On the premise of the 7 Spirits themselves being a separate parts of GOD; a literal number of 7 angels who serve as each with the example of number one being the HOLY SPIRIT, etc. Then we have the 7 stars of Revelation, we are told that the 7 Spirits were also to be part of each of the 7 Churches in Revelation, each walking among the 7 Lampstands. Is it possible each of these Churches having one of these Spirits of GOD.

And then we have Revelations 5:6 saying, Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth. Is this Yeshua in the flesh having all of GOD’s Spirits within HIM?
But we also need to consider the 7 Thunders spoken of in Revelation 10:3-5 saying, and he gave a loud shout like the roar of a lion. When he shouted, the voices of the seven thunders spoke. And when the seven thunders spoke, I (John) was about to write; but I heard a voice from heaven say, “Seal up what the seven thunders have said and do not write it down.” But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.”

Does this not seem like it will be 7 secrets given to us by 7 Spirits (angels) of GOD? Or perhaps, 7 events pertaining to the 7 Spirits of GOD? Each falling into place to be considered as a part of GOD in unison with the events happening.
Being that GOD told Moses to make things that were a “copy and shadow of the heavenly things” (Hebrews 8:5; 9:23), who then would Satan not do this same act but in defiance. Therefore, we have the opposite of these things in fallen angels. Does this strike a nerve when referencing Revelations and the 7 Beast heads? The Scripture in Revelation 12:3 says, Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on its heads. Are these seven entities(fallen angels) using their powers to reign over these seven crowns which seems to mean land/nations?

In Jubilees 10:5-10 saying,
And Thou knowest how Thy Watchers, the fathers of these spirits, acted in my day: and as for these spirits which are living, imprison them and hold them fast in the place of condemnation, and let them not bring destruction on the sons of thy servant, my God; for these are malignant, and created in order to destroy. And let them not rule over the spirits of the living; for Thou alone canst exercise dominion over them. And let them not have power over the sons of the righteous from henceforth and for evermore.’ And the Lord our God bade us to bind all. And the chief of the spirits, Mastêmâ, came and said: ‘Lord, Creator, let some of them remain before me, and let them harken to my voice, and do all that I shall say unto them; for if some of them are not left to me, I shall not be able to execute the power of my will on the sons of men; for these are for corruption and leading astray before my judgment, for great is the wickedness of the sons of men.’ And He said: Let the tenth part of them remain before him, and let nine parts descend into the place of condemnation.’

So we have 1/10th of the fallen angels/Watchers being kept to execute GOD’s Will. These are here before Satan arrives to being the scenario needed to present the Antichrist. Could these seven be part of these counterfeit qualities of the 7 Spirits.
Others believe that this is not SEVEN SPIRITS, but only three.
The Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon Him,
1. the Spirit of wisdom and understanding,
2. the Spirit of counsel and might,
3. the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord.
Being that we have the Trinity, this would follow the rule of thumb, but who can really say. We cannot stand in judgment of one another for different translations, unless it perverts the Word. GOD’s multilevel correlations have everyone speculating the literal meanings, but in that context we have just that…multilevels of interaction functioning in unison to bring forth the One and Only WORD OF GOD!

1. Pingback: images of Jesus - seven spirits of god, lord jesus christ

2. Brenda Mcmillian

I love this. I have learned many truths that I did not know.

July 6, 2012 at 9:56 PM

• GOD is ALL-CONSUMING, ALL-POWERFUL, ALL-LOVING! We have only our imaginations to TRY to understand GOD, and we never will UNTIL we go to Him! I await this day, to be with my FATHER! To have unconditional love and mercy. My soul seeks this to the core of my being. Peace & Blessings-V

July 6, 2012 at 10:33 PM

3. i love god….

October 6, 2012 at 9:21 AM

4. Debbie

Very impressed with your site. Studying Revelation and you have answered my question on who are the seven Spirits of God. Thank You!!!!!!!!

October 15, 2012 at 1:24 PM

5. I loved your website! I’ve always wanted to know, with more understanding and clarity ” What exactly were the “Seven Spirits of God” With what information your site has given me, and as I study this explanation, I know I will be able to grab a clearer and better understanding of this part of God’s scripture………I was in awe at this explanation! Thank You So Very Much I will keep this site as one of my favorites and pass this on to my christian……and non christian friends and family. God Bless you. Stella Reynolds

January 1, 2013 at 6:50 AM

• Stella,
      Welcome to the family. We welcome you with open arms and prayers. GOD Bless you. Peace & Blessings-V

January 1, 2013 at 11:11 AM

6. SonOfJehozadak

The seven spirits are not God. They are spiritual beings SENT BY GOD to the earth that contain The Holy Spirit in all His fullness.

They are individual beings that we will see on earth shortly. The seven angels, the seven thunders, the seven spirits are all just seven beings.
    The candle stick symbolizes the churches; seeing as there are only seven church archetypes throughout the last two thousand years.

January 21, 2013 at 9:50 AM

• SonOfJehozadak

There is more; but I’ll not get into it. It was sealed for a reason.

January 21, 2013 at 9:57 AM

7. Michael

I have had visions all my life. Even telling the person what took place with them. They said it was like i was right there, and i was. I have told people things that were going to happen, even their death. It has happened alot and it is painful. I see this a a messanger. The sad part is they always do it anyway, no matter what, always. I have had visions with Jesus, and beating the devil all night long. Jesus joined in and before i woke up he quit beatting the devil up with me. He looked at me and said, he is a spirit, and you cant kill a spirit. It troubled me that God could not get rid of him. I have seen people in visions that I had 5, 10, even 15 yrs. earlier, and the spirit comes over me and recalls the vision. Brings me to my knees, for sure. I have had many visions of Jesus and his great mansion, plus he has showed me things about life. Even meeting someone and my dog dieing at that time. I do keep a close watch for people,weather,age of people, and time of year. I really get tuned into the surroundings and what is said and what is happening. The vision I had where my dog had died was about at the end of days. The people were with me and my son which i consentrated on his age and where his mother and the dog putting everything into context in time. Well his mother was not in the vision. The dog was not either, and my son is at the age size i seen. His mother has died, as i told her events that would happen, and it did. The end time scenereo i saw was. Me and part of my family were waiting for it. Watching it as it was comeing upon all the earth. My sons mother and my dog were missing though. This was 15 yrs. earlier. We knew when it hit us we were gonna be instantly burned up, to ashes. Like the movie with Nicolas Cage the Happening I think. Well anyway whatever happens a worldwide burning and it will kill everyone, asteroid or whatever makes this fire its like a nuke that is completely covering the whole earth.From the sun or whatever, it will insenerate everything. I saw my son fall to his knees and wimper. I sat down beside him and said its all right. It isn’t the end and wimpered with him. Knowing we only had a 20 min or so. As it drew closer my family was crying and we all were looking as it just came and insenerated us. So I wondered about the anticrist and all i have read. The anticrist is in the world today. He is already here and he has put his throne in jerusalem. Yes the Dome Of The Rock, the muslim temple is it. Then Anticrist is Satin, and satin is a spirit that man follows, and everyone who isnt a true believer is the anticrist. I do not see people for their personality. I see them as a spirit. Who they have chosen and who they really love, God or Satin. There is no inbetween either. Oh yes I have been told i was crazy when i delivered a message to someone and it happened exactly as i said it would, many times. Well i have a sister who belongs to church and she has this messenger thing also. I got till I was no longer going to tell people things for a long time. My sister told me to tell them and its up to them. My x-wife told me i was crazy to believe in God and buddy she hated even the thoughts of God and Jesus. When I divorced her I told her a few things and sure enough they have happened perfectly. Well in the end time vision, i did notice a time close to the end and it was the heat of summer, around the fourth of July. The trees had lost their buds and spring was gone. It had been hot for a while and a holiday was in this time frame. Not Easter where I live so had to be 4th. of July. Thanks for your time.

February 19, 2013 at 3:04 AM

• I don’t know what everyone else interpretation is but mine is this;
      Tribulation consists of many things but I feel like we as Believer’s must be placed through the fire to be purified. Therefore, we must endure some tribulations before returning home to our Heavenly Father. So, this ensures our purity and GOD knows we are not going to ride the fence, etc.
      Now, this DOE NOT mean that I don’t believe in the Rapture because I do.
      Your visions are a blessing although some could feel the opposite when given. I’ve had the gift of insight and many other things but only GOD knows why. “Knowing” things does give us the foresight to work for GOD. But we must remember that FREEWILL also works against us in this respect. WE can only do what GOD predestines us to do, and no more, GOD does the rest.
      The supernatural is a mysterious thing, no doubt. It’s hard not to question the future and the events to come but many once thought there would be no such thing as a One World Government but this New World Order is just the ticket Satan ordered. So, no one….no one but GOD knows the future so we can only try to be everything GOD wants of us. Working in unison with HIM.
      The Falling Away has already begun. Even some in my own family have done so. SAD but true. Only thing we can do is act like Jesus, be like He would want us to be. Try our best. And SERVE YOUR KING.
      Thank you so much for your comments, inspirational to me but curious to others I’m sure. Don’t discount what GOD gave you, only use it for the “Light”. GOD BLESS! Peace & Blessings-V

February 19, 2013 at 9:47 AM

• Michael

You are very true. Of course no one can figure out God or his plan. In an end time scereno tribulation is suffering, as all christian do. God cant show us no signs at all though, as this is written, there shall be no sin given to this generation. Giving signs would let satin know he is getting ready. To win a war you must have the element of suprise. This is a must or your advasary will be ready and defeat you. Through nature and events happening they happen more but this is to throw off satin, so he cant realy get an accurate time when Jesus arrives. Haeven suffers evil also and is taken by force I have read. So you must have a cleaning of heaven and earth togeather. One war to end this advessary, satin. God cant kill him or his kind so he must lock or put them out of touch with Gods kind. For 1000 yrs. Still God cant warn us no other way and in old testiment fire is the end. In the blink of an eye as it is written. Plus dont turn and gather your things or you will suffer for it. I see all the horsemen have ridden but destruction and all eyes will see it comeing. That is why their is no day or time even the profits could not see that part. Seeing things that will unfold as history unfolds also, in time. They were messangers of there time, and the people wouldn’t listen neither. The horsemen pick a time in history, and a place. All eyes shall see it comeing, This is the great mystery of God you dont know when. Revelations describes events also, but events happen all the time. The trick is not letting everyone know when the main event is going to happen. Even making the stories so abstract we cant figure them out, God knows this. Keep your advisary guessing and he cant figure it out. Never let him know when or where he will defeat you, if ya do. This is why we have great catastrophys happening and will have more, to keep advisary guessing. And when a huge quake hits all attention is focused in time to that spot.We live a life of spiritual warfare. This war is for everything, Heaven and earth. Everything God has made and will have is a steak. Evil is winning the war here everyday. Jesus babtized you with water, and will with fire also. You haft to have a complete cleansing of everything. God dosent want aids, and every other disease when the new life begins. Everything must be cleansed, even the hearts of believers. Well thanks, and I enjoy it alot. Im not ashamed of God. Sharpen the sickles and gird thy loins we live in bad times.

February 20, 2013 at 3:55 PM

8. Lupe R. Munguia

Blessed are all that have and share their knowledge with the ones willing to learn.
    Lupe Munguia

June 22, 2013 at 2:40 PM

9. Patricia clark

Is there any way I can get this in my hands? I would love a tangible copy please! God bless

March 26, 2014 at 7:23 AM

10. Patricia clark

is there any way for me to get a tangible copy of this I would love to have it in my hands for a study guide.

March 26, 2014 at 7:27 AM

• Dear, you would have to copy and paste in on a Microsoft Document and print it. This would be my suggestion.

March 26, 2014 at 3:28 PM

• Bjean

V……. love the warrior icon and enjoy your comments

October 12, 2014 at 7:55 PM