REPETITIVE PRAYERS

102_8502

Matthew 6:7 – But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen [do]: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
1 Timothy 4:1 – Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Prayer is a beautiful thing that creates miracles from GOD! But…

When you think of repetitive prayer, what does this mean to you?
First of all, to me…it means that your not placing your full faith upon the Lord, Jesus Christ! This is foremost. When you TRUST Him, then you let Him do His job without interruption and worry. This is an issue for a lot of people….and I was once like this myself.
I would worry myself into the ground! Wow! That says it all doesn’t it!! This is a problem….we’re letting our flesh take over….what’s our flesh made of? DIRT! That must have came from the Holy Spirit because I couldn’t have said it better, right?
We must learn to accept the great advice….LET GO-LET GOD.
Then we get into different religions using repetitive prayer as a ritual.

grisaille_robot_praying

RITUALISTIC PRAYER
When I first heard the rosary, it seemed almost soothing…like a medative pill. A token of relaxation….but herein lies the problem.
When a Catholic repeats the rosary over and over, it’s nothing less than a slap in the face to GOD, it would seem. But, that’s not all….then it becomes more complicated. Pope John Paul II added five new ‘mysteries’ to the ancient rosary in 2002. Now, to say the rosary with all the ‘mysteries’, one must repeat the ‘hail mary’ at least 200 times, not to mention the ‘our father, glory be, and fatima prayer’.
It would seem you are exalting and worshiping Mary, as well. But, then you forget…they do this in front of a statue too!
Why has the rosary stood the test of time for at least eight hundred years since it originated from Spanish theologian St. Dominic, c. 1170-1221? Don’t Catholics read the Bible? What about the statues?

yoga_mudra

Some would suggest this is only a MEDITATION! Nothing more than contemplation.
Most Catholics will pray five mysteries per day, and when saying the words, he or she must meditate upon one mystery at a time; for the duration of 10 Hail Marys, before going on to the next “mystery,” or meditation.
Finally, what about the statues? The simple answer is that the statues of any saint, not just Mary, are objects of worship in themselves. Even other denominations should know better.
WAIT!
This reminds me of…..the Muslims.

robot-praying

Jews & Muslim Traditions
For two thousand years, the religious Jews have prayed five times a day for a return to worship in a rebuilt Temple. How long have the Muslims?
The Father hates any form of “Standard” or repetitive type prayers. From the Rosary and Hail Mary prayers, to anything read from any form of a prayer book, even to the Lord’s Prayer.

fully-illustrated-voodoo-controllers-character
This is to demonstrates that you believe in “voodoo religion”, in other words you think that the worship of GOD is done properly by performing a series of mechanical steps very similar to the primitive rites of voodoo so that “the Gods will be appeased”. In other words GOD only works when you stick the pin in the doll.

images

DON’T BE DECEIVED. The Bible already specifically points this out as a very important thing to avoid in your prayers, “And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition”.
That being said there are certain “task specific” prayers that have to be done in an orderly way to accomplish the specific task desired. The prayers for receiving the Holy Spirit or to bind the power of Satan.

1. Shalom Virginia, god bless you. I wanted to ask a question, you said even prayer books are detestable in the eyes of God. Well this ministry here in Lexington, Kentucky, called Christian Word Ministries, well they send out prayer books by request and the prayers in the book are scriptural also, so is this still not a good idea to read and pray out of ??

Shalom
    sis jahfe

September 2, 2014 at 11:56 PM

• Kittii

I was exposed to praying God’s word a couple of years ago. No one ever explained to me that you can personalize it and pray it back to God. There’s power in his word. It’s our sword. I think that takes practice too, because I’m not any good at it, because I was never taught or explained why you should do it that way. I guess it’s never too late. I think those books are examples we can follow, but examples only.

September 11, 2014 at 1:25 PM

2. I meant God bless you, not with a little g either, my keyboard is sticking and acting crazy, especially when I want to post something about the Lord and His gospel, or ask a question. Please do pray for me and my family , as I pray for you and yours in Jesus name (Yeshua) of Nazareth.

sis jahfe

September 3, 2014 at 12:00 AM

3. Thank you for responding to me. I will do just that also, my bible first then if led by the spirit to pray out of the prayer book then I will obey the Lord Yeshua. Be blessed and I am waiting to see what the Lord will reveal to you about these last days that we are living in. I know i heard the Lord tell me in prayer that calamity is coming. I said oh my Lord keep me and my family in those hours and hide us under the shadow of your wings, in Jesus (Yeshua) name.

sis jahfe

September 4, 2014 at 12:32 AM

4. Gregory Katsapas

Hi All

Thanks Virginia, I couldn’t agree with you more here. A memory was just shown to me whilst reading this the one day in church, I experienced or had the feeling your are referring to here where we were reciting a call to worship. And I stopped for a moment and looked around me and the people seemed like they were in a trance and literally unconsciously just saying what was on the board before them.

Did they fully understand what they were saying?

Did they really mean what they were saying, and want to or is it chorelike?

I can actually feel it myself sometimes when I pray and then I stop and change what I am doing.

Like I said to someone the other day we have a father on Earth and in Heaven, we speak to our earthly father, yet when we “speak” to our Heavenly Father we feel the need to follow this protocol and procedure, WHY?

Answer like you said you don’t have to speak what is on your mind not what is practiced and recited by millions you are speaking or communicating with your Father the one who made it all, and using the 24Hour phoneline called prayer so speak, don’t copy.

I suppose its like me having the same conversation with a buddie or family member every day for the rest of my life? Nah doesn’t work does it.

Thanks Virginia I felt this a while ago but couldn’t put my finger on what was amiss or wrong, God spoke through you to give me the answer thank you and may God Bless us all amen. For only his blessings are true the others are half and fake.

September 6, 2014 at 6:13 AM

5. Randall Ray

@justme–

“What an, Asshole.” –Carriage Jockey from “GhostBusters”

Thought you might enjoy the quote.

RR

September 6, 2014 at 4:25 PM

6. Deborah

Why do you mention The Lords Prayer in this grouping? Jesus taught His disciples, Jews, to pray this prayer. There were no gentile followers even up to 8 or nine years later when Paul went out to the Goyim. So maybe the Lords Prayer was commanded by God Himself to His Jewish apostles.

September 6, 2014 at 4:32 PM

7. Why Lord hates long individually prayers?

Mt 23:14 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows’ houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. Therefore you will receive greater condemnation.
    Lu 20:47 “who devour widows’ houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. These will receive greater condemnation.”
    Mt 6:
    7 “And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.
    8 “Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him.

Why vain repetitions? in my languange meaning “rambling” not repetition ..
    Jesus gave example repetition but not vain repetitions. (Mr 14: 35 -39)
    Because vain repetitions mean word does not arise from genuine feeling. No feel…

Prayer originally

Looking quiet place
    Mt 6: 6 “But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.
    Mr 14:35 He went a little farther, and fell on the ground, and prayed that if it were possible, the hour might pass from Him.

Pray arises from genuine feeling, and repetition
    Mr 14:
    36 And He said, “Abba, Father, all things are possible for You. Take this cup away from Me; nevertheless, not what I will, but what You will.”
    37 Then He came and found them sleeping, and said to Peter, “Simon, are you sleeping? Could you not watch one hour?
    38 “Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
    39 Again He went away and prayed, and spoke the same words.

Focus
    Ac 6:4 “but we will give ourselves continually to prayer and to the ministry of the word.”

Prayer together, as praise song (paean) for give thanks, hope for all goodness
    1Th 1:2 ¶ We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers,
    1Ti 2:1 ¶ Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men,
    Ro 12:12 rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer;
    Eph 6:18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints—

They KEY of pray ..

According His will
    1Jo 5:14 ¶ Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.

Be faith and ask for compassion
    2 So He said to them, “When you pray, say: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven.
    3 Give us day by day our daily bread.
    4 And forgive us our sins, For we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us. And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one.”
    5 And He said to them, “Which of you shall have a friend, and go to him at midnight and say to him, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves;
    6 ‘for a friend of mine has come to me on his journey, and I have nothing to set before him’;
    7 “and he will answer from within and say, ‘Do not trouble me; the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give to you’?
    8 “I say to you, though he will not rise and give to him because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence he will rise and give him as many as he needs.
    9 “So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
    10 “For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.
    11 “If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish?

Please, correct me if i’m wrong to understand Bible ..

September 7, 2014 at 2:28 AM

8. Gregory Katsapas

JustMe just a quick one I have noticed you always seem to find fault with anything posted, I find this very interesting as the rest of the people including myself take something out of it maybe you are missing the message here and trying to shoot the messenger, for what reason I dont know.

All that is being conveyed here and its not rocket science is mean what you say and say what you mean, thats it case closed. Its very true and I agree.

You see only a silly person slates one who tries to help them. You are stranded in the desert and a man approaches with water and abit of bread do you?

A) Ask him where he came from, why he wants to help you, ask where the bread came from which bakery and if the water is fresh?

B) Gratefully accept the help that has been provided.

C) Tell the man to shove off.

I sure as hell will choose B everytime.

You see my mother always said there is abit of good in everyone and I have always believed there is abit of truth in everything as well as the fact that you are supposed to learn something out of everything that is put before you otherwise it would not be put before you.

With God there is no chance and no accidents its all meant to be the way it is.

So a couple of questions arise.

Why are you on this website if its complete crap and all the sources are wrong and Virginia talks rubbish? I dont know if I am missing something here but wouldnt you after feeling the way you do rather leave and never visit it again I think I would after summing up in my mind this is truly lies and rubbish.

How many of your own views, ideas and thoughts are your own?

You do realise that most of your viewpoints come from somewhere else, so my question to you is do you every time you express a view state where it came from?

Its like a coach giving advice to a player the player tries it, or thinks about it if the player thinks its valuable uses it if not leaves it, he doesnt ask where did you get that from which book, thats pretty silly.

I must be honest I really enjoy alot of what gets posted up here by Virginia and it works for quite a few others I imagine so maybe you have to look at yourself here bud slating someone who chooses to post things to help others she doesnt have to she chooses to.

A fool gets lost in the symantics and technicality of the message a wise man looks and listens to the message.

Instead of knocking people who try help others maybe hear what they have to say and if you dont agree with it, thats fine but how is it that you dont agree with everything said here, and others including myself do. Maybe you need to ask yourself whats truly controlling you dude?

You get constructive criticism and sharing of opinions but then again you get what you are doing aswell constant battering and slating of someone who means well and is sharing something with us all.

I have to say your intentions are anything but good but if thats how you roll and it makes you feel better about urself, do what you feel you need to.

The nice thing our true colours and intentions come out after a while we cant hide who we truly are.

The fact that you take nothing good out of any of this stuff posted worries me, seriously.

Each unto his own I guess. Dont chop off the hand that feeds you because we all gotta eat my friend.

September 7, 2014 at 11:08 AM

9. Gregory Katsapas

JustMe here is the thing I dont get do you think Jesus worries if I acknowledge him every time I spread the word about his and our Father for his glory?

I think Jesus loves it when we speak and repeat what he said to our to the glory of God.

I hope that someone one days uses something I said to help another further his understanding and relationship with God and if I am not mentioned thats fine cause here is the point you are missing JustMe all God inspiration comes from …..God. So if it is truly anything for his glory it could of only originally come from our Father to that first person, how many people it then passed down to doesnt matter.

If its for our Father it came from our Father originally. So unless you want Virginia to put after every post (originally from God) dude drop it.

I dont see how giving credit to someone who stole or copied it from someone else who originally received it from God makes any difference.

I read a book in the bible that apostle Paul wrote do I thank and mention Paul or do I thank and mention God as he channelled through Paul via his Holy spirit to write it in the first place.

I am not quite following or seeing your point here. But thats JustMe I guess.

September 8, 2014 at 3:19 PM

—- I hope it doesn’t ever get ‘lost in the shuffle’ here by those who KNOW GOD that prayer is simply talking TO GOD… RELIGION has effectively robbed the faithful (the TRULY so..) of any personal or communicative or worse INTIMATE application of the practice of prayer in our lives… GOD is not some heavenly cuckold craning His Holy Ears toward a seldomly motivated to pray and disobedient ‘bride’ that could care less, waiting for her to respond to His overtures with baited breath… HE is a HUSBAND, loving beyond belief and responsive to the uttermost, longing to bring INCREDIBLE blessing, deliverance, wisdom and above all UNDERSTANDING to those who ASK HIM for it… He DOES say ‘NO’ on occasion, and it is HIS PRIVELEGE, not to say RIGHT, to DO SO… I believe our own prayerlessness is the biggest reason for the spiritual shallowness, biblical ignorance, practical powerlessness and Laodicean self-satisfied attitude so rampant in this new-fangled ‘millennial’ church of today… But Sis is RIGHT… HE is COMING… ALL TOO SOON… So stop quibbling and such about The Rapture or whatever and just LOOK UP… I guarantee you if you DON’T want to believe that doctrine, you certainly WON’T object if it turns out to be TRUE, now, WILL you??… So what does it hurt???… I offer this in LOVE… Let’s all get back HOME safe and talk this over with Stonewall Jackson–“Beneath the shade of the trees….” AMEN

September 8, 2014 at 5:30 PM

“The best assaults on Biblical Christianity will always come from within, and in the name of Christianity, as these require the most discernment to detect. The best lies always contain a whole lot of truth. Watering down the truth never can promote Biblical unity (the type Jesus’ prayed for in John chapter 17) — unity must be based on the Bible (John 17:17). For the sake of Truth, and the salvation of our Roman Catholic friends and neighbors, we need to wake up and start asking the hard questions.

Many seek visions or apparitions of Mary, with the number of sightings increasing yearly. At a minimum, most desire to own an icon (i.e. statue, picture, etc.). As the Mother of the Church, the faithful see no reason to not accept anything she would say or teach to the Church. Any teaching “she” gives becomes (and adds proof to) Tradition. We have numerous written copies of these “important messages” the Virgin has purported to have brought to the Church, over the years. Additionally we attended a gathering of more than 8000 people where a vision was said to have occurred (seen only by Vicka, the visionary from Medjugorje) and had the opportunity to listen to the subsequent message “given by Mary.” In a cyclical fashion, these messages most often encourage the faithful to become more devoted to extra-biblical false doctrines (Roman Traditions) and encourage more devotion to the Lady (i.e. more veneration of Mary). The focus is mostly Mary and rarely God. Of course, the hearers are encouraged “by Mary” to spend more time in prayer. To God? No. To Mary, in the form of the Hail Mary or Rosary (– using beads, mostly Hail Mary’s repeated). These repetitious prayers are said to invoke extra grace on the individual praying.

Hail Mary — Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen. (Pg. 25, The Rosary: My Daily Prayer)

To repeat certain prayers sincerely and thoughtfully a number of times is pleasing to God. (Page 5, Let Us Pray)

The Rosary: … while we recite the prayers over and over again automatically, we’re supposed to meditate upon an episode in the life of Jesus and Mary … the Annunciation, … the Assumption, and the Coronation of Mary as Queen of Heaven. All together, they sum up the life and mission of Christ and Mary. (Page 100, Why Do Catholics Do That?, 1994)

Our Lady herself made a series of extraordinary promises… among them, that regular practice of the Rosary “will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God… You shall obtain all you ask of me by recitation of the Rosary.” And most intriguing of all, she said that “the Rosary shall be a powerful armor against Hell; it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.” (Page 101, Ibid.)

When Our Lady appeared at Fátima in 1917, she introduced herself as the Lady of the Rosary, carried her own Rosary… And she told the children, “Say the Rosary every day, to obtain peace for the world and an end to the war.” (Page 101, Ibid.)

In Scriptures we are warned against praying vain repetitious prayers like the pagans (Matthew 6:7) and are told that prayers to the Father must be in Jesus’ name (as our only mediator — John 14:13, John 16:23-24, Ephesians 5:20, Colossians 3:17). The practice of praying to Mary is sanctioned and commended by official, unchangeable, R.C. Church proclamation.

Others Saints & Images: Like the Virgin Mary, but to a lesser degree, saints (who are declared such by the Roman Catholic Church) may be appealed to (in heaven) for assistance. In other words you can pray to saints. (Technically you can pray to anyone who has died and you assume has gone to, at least, Purgatory or preferably heaven). The Protestant understanding, from scriptures, is that all Christians are saints and prayer is reserved for God. The Roman Church says that saints are only those who have gone to heaven and have proven it by having miracles associated with their name. So if you pray to a potential saint and a miracle takes place, and enough of these miracles stand up to Catholic investigation (over time), the Pope may declare the individual to be a saint. Once declared a saint, the church encourages others to appeal to that saint for favors — of course saints in heaven are closer to God. Like Mary, saints also maybe venerated. (The best reference they cite for this practice is from the apocryphal passage of 2 Maccabees 15:11-16).

… you can ask friends who have died — those that you know died “in friendship with the Church”, anyway. You can probably assume, or at least hope, that they’re with God, face to face, and therefore in a much better position to pray than we are down here… (Page 144, Why Do Catholics Do That?, 1994)

… the Church is the only religious organization in the world that has a regular, legalistic process for determining who’s with God. … the declaration of sainthood is reserved to the Pope. (Page 145, Ibid.)

There’s still one more thing that the Church requires before declaring confidently that you’re with God: miracles. If any happen during a person’s life, they can be adduced as evidence, but the ones that really count toward canonization have to happen after the candidate’s death. The idea is that if God wants this person known as a saint, he’ll permit an extraordinary event in answer to prayers to the candidate… through the candidate’s intercession. (Page 147 & 148, Ibid.)

… we don’t have an exact word in English for the veneration that a saint gets — English tends to be kind of stodgy when it comes to matters of the heart. Centuries ago, you might have said that a saint gets “worship”… Nowadays, of course, worship means only our attitude toward God Almighty. (Page 148, Ibid.)

Praying to saints, looking to them for miracles, hoping they can intercede on your behalf to God, all fall under the same biblical response as the ones we gave concerning Mary. We must mention, though, the common practice of making religious images in the form of Saints, the Virgin Mary and even Christ. Considering the clear statements in scriptures forbidding the making of graven images (Exodus 20:4-5) and the worship of them, the Roman Catholic church goes out of their way to say that their practice of “images” is not the same thing. In common practice, the veneration of these images looks and acts like worship. One must also wonder why the abbreviated Catholic 10 Commandments are missing the one concerning graven images (they would say it is merely part of the first commandment) replaced by another command which has been split into two.

… the seventh ecumenical council … justified against the iconoclasts the veneration of icons — of Christ, but also of the Mother of God, the angels, and all the saints. By becoming incarnate, the Son of God introduced a new “economy” of images. (Page 573, Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1994)

The Christian veneration of images is not contrary to the first commandment which proscribes idols. Indeed, “the honor rendered to an image passes to its prototype,” and “whoever venerates an image venerates the person portrayed in it.” The honor paid to sacred images is a “respectful veneration,” not the adoration due to God alone: (Page 573, Ibid.)

To claim worship (veneration) given to an object is okay, because it is passed on to the one it portrays, is a concept which cannot be found in scriptures — only in R.C. Tradition. This is a classic case of Tradition nullifying the Word of God (Matthew 15:3-6).”

September 11, 2014 at 1:20 PM